Social Media Community Manager Internship
Florida Center for Investigative Reporting has available up to two internships for highly motivated college students who understand the importance of building a community and have a passion for Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools. This is a telecommuting position, and college credit may be available to students attending an accredited college or university in Florida. Students with proficient Spanish writing skills are strongly encouraged to apply, but being bilingual is not a requirement.
Candidates must be addicted to the conversation, know when to step up, when to say nothing and how to steer conversations down constructive paths with a focus to build a community in Florida. They must be willing to devote a minimum of 5 hours per week, including some hours during the weekends, and commit to a five-month internship. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to design a social media strategy, setting goals and benchmarks.
FCIR, the first bilingual investigative nonprofit organization in the Sunshine State, works to expose corruption, waste and miscarriages of justice. FCIR is based at the International Media Center at Florida International University, though this internship is available to students of any accredited college or university in the state.
- Design a social media strategy or campaign to implement.
- Create content for feeds and snippets in various social media sites, including our Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Be the eyes and ears of our organization.
- Minute-by-minute participation in conversations that surround our content and brand, answer comments, and be a mediator.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excels at research and possesses excellent English-language writing skills (Spanish-language writing skills a plus).
- Has some work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field.
- Dedicated to blogging and use of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Experience aggregating and summarizing content.
- Understands social media universe including YouTube, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Is eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter, and links to your Twitter and other social media accounts to Associate Director Mc Nelly Torres.
No phone calls, please.